Check-in: 9:30 pm, Monday april 30
(drinks & Hors d'oeuvres at check-in)
Check out: 8:00 am, Friday May 4
free - this is a gift from our community to yours
(includes all food and lodging)
We value every single one of you so much. It has been a great honor to travel the world with you and work alongside of you these last years. Our goal in this retreat is to give back and let our community serve you the same way you have served us. We desire for all of you to have the opportunity to experience our retreats. We are full of joy and expectancy to offer an exclusive 18 Inch Journey Retreat just for you.
This retreat is a three day intensive for your heart. It focuses on practical tools for your personal growth, as well as creating an atmosphere for rest and retreat.
What to Expect:
These three days are set apart …
- To get away from the noise of normal life and be refreshed. Our desire is that you all would feel the joy of taking a step back from your daily norm and tucking into the heart of the Lord.
- To have the opportunity to be with the Bethel Music community outside of ministry, touring and function. We spend so much time together in the office and on the road. Over these three days, we want to create an environment specifically for deeper connection and friendship.
- To rest. You all work so hard and we desire for you to have the gift of someone else taking care of all the logistics so that you can take a deep breath.
- To be served. Y'all pour out so much for the local church and the world - we desire for you to have a retreat where you are being poured into with no responsibility to lead or minister. It is vital to take sabbaths for our own hearts and our relationships.
- To learn the tools we have cultivated within our community. So many of you have asked about the heart tools we offer at our school and retreats. We will teach these tools in the full capacity as we do at our own functions. These tools have created a doorway for us to experience so much sustainability and breakthrough in our marriage, life, friendships, ministry and especially our relationship with the Lord. We are excited to teach you these tools, mainly because in the last 7 years they have changed our lives.
- To eat delicious homemade food and linger at meals with one another. We live in the woods, and there is a glorious slowing down that happens when you fully give in.
- To worship together and encounter the presence of Jesus outside of all the lights and cameras and people that you lead weekly. You are all worth this Selah moment.
- To be challenged and stretched in a way that maybe you're not used to. There is always a reward that comes when we choose to get away and seek the Lord.
*While we encourage spouses to come, we do not have married couples housing. This is not a marriage retreat - it is a retreat for your heart and the Lord. However, your rest, refreshment and the tools we'll give you will change your marriage completely! Think of it like tour but way better!
What we expect from you:
- We need each of you to commit to the entire retreat. Our retreats are made up of sessions that will build on one another from beginning to end. This retreat will not work if you are here for only a part of it.
- That you come hungry to learn, grow and be challenged, and that you do this with your whole heart.
The 18 Inch Journey Retreat is held on our beautiful 52 acres called A Place for the Heart. This land is great for coming away from the noise of the world and hearing the voice of the Father. This is where we host the 18 Inch Journey and live and work year round.
You will stay in beautiful cabins tucked in the woods and overlooking the lake. Since we do not have co-ed housing, men and women will be divided into separate cabins and married couples will not be housed together.
A Place for the Heart
4228 Beckerdite Rd. Sophia, NC 27350
Attendees are responsible for their own transportation.
We will be providing one complimentary shuttle service run for pick-up at Piedmont Triad International Airport (PTI) on Monday, April 30 at 9:00pm, that will arrive at A Place for the Heart at 9:45pm. We will also offer a departure shuttle on Friday, May 4 at 8:00 am that will arrive at the airport at 8:45am. If you would like to use our complimentary shuttle service, please make sure that your incoming and outgoing flights fit within this window of arrival and departure.
If you would like to use your own transportation, check-in is Monday, April 30 at 9:30pm and check-out is Friday, May 4 at 8:00am.
You can reach Martha McRae at email@example.com with any questions about the retreat and if you have any specific food allergies.